Tuesday 1 May 2012

An introduction of sorts;



This is me and my husband last month on holiday. He is (obviously) the most important person in the universe to me and I wouldn't change an inch of him except for that I'd keep him in my pocket at all times if I could. We met three and a half years ago and have been pretty much inseparable ever since. He is studying at university to be a teacher, works at a school and loves sport (especially cricket), our dog Pepper, being in bed by 9 o'clock and McDonald's double cheeseburgers. He's my hero.


This is the aforementioned Pepper. She's a Rottweiler X Red Setter (unusual, I know) and she's absolutely gorgeous, albeit totally crazy and unsure of whether she's human or canine most of the time. I spend more time with Pepper than with anyone/thing else so we're usually either in a state of best friendship or arch enemies, ha. She's just over a year old and loves peanut butter (oops), cricket balls, racing across a field and showing off in front of strangers. She still hasn't understood that stealing socks is not appropriate, but we're working on it.


This is me and Rosie, my sister, whilst climbing Ben Nevis last month. Rosie lives in London and is in her final year of Veterinary Medicine - she's going to be a qualified vet in two months time! I'm always proud of her and jealous of her ambitions and talents. Not only is she crazily intelligent but she's also really arty and creative. As a wedding present she painted me a collage of all the things that have been important in my life since I was a child, and it is beautiful. It's one of my favourite possessions.


This is me with my family and Mike's family and all the besties on my wedding day. It was a wonderful day and everyone looked beautiful, especially my mother (Karen), who is the third person on the left. She made the dress herself, as well as Tasi's and Rosie's (the first two from the left) and she did an amazing job. Not only that but she decorated both the room we had our wedding breakfast in and the marquee where we had our evening party, and I couldn't have asked for anything prettier. She's a hero and I don't spend enough time with her - she lives in Cardiff - but whenever we do spend time together it is crazy fun. From L-R - Tasi, Rosie, Mum, Dad (who lives in Serbia and is my music soulmate), me, Mike, Annie (Mike's Mum), Gary (Mike's Dad), Matt (Mike's brother), Emily and Sian, who I spent the majority of my life pre-Stroud with, generally drunk and rowdy, in the many bars of Cardiff! 

Other random facts - I'm always on a diet of some sort, presently it's Atkins - my trusty old weight-banishing friend, I'm teetotal as of five weeks ago, I'm beginning a hairdressing course in September, which I'm really excited about, I'm a massive Eastenders fan and I'm currently reading NOTHING, which is really unusual for me and it feels what I imagine to be a little like what it would feel like to be without a thumb! 

2 comments:

  1. lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Love the pic from your wedding and your adorable pup!

    ReplyDelete