Tuesday 15 May 2012

Cricket and more cricket...

So, basically, this weekend exhausted me. I'm not entirely sure why (it's not like I was actually playing) but there's something about being outside all day in the sun watching Mike play cricket that really tires me out. Pepper loves it - she gets to people and dog watch for hours, is walked around the boundary a gazillion It times, as well as let off the lead in the fields to chase balls and sticks and whatnot - it's her heaven. But me, not so much. I do enjoy watching Mike play - he loves it, so therefore I'm inclined to love it too (that's just married life for you) and I do get all warm and fuzzy inside when he does well. It's just the amount of hours that cricket takes up - basically, your entire weekend (1pm - 7pm Saturday and 2pm - 6pm Sunday) and it just throws all wonderful ideas of getting the house cleaned up and the garden sorted right out of the window. But there we go. Welcome to my summer!

It was Mike's first game for Painswick on Saturday and I think he may have been a little nervous. He got two wickets, though, and although he didn't get any runs he got sixty eight on Sunday, as well as another two wickets, so it was a pretty successful first weekend of cricket, I think. I should be starting to do the teas (think mini scones with clotted cream and jam, mini sausages and pork pies, egg sandwiches, a Victoria sponge...) next Saturday but I totally forgot that I'm going to see Ruth in London for the day so, eh, they'll have to go another week without a tea lady. Whoops!

In other news, I'm considering painting our lounge and looking at colour charts (I'm thinking an off-white colour - I'm a fan of keeping things simple), I'm finding The Remains of the Day hard to get into, I'm pretty much obsessed with checking the local papers daily for reports on Mike playing cricket (he used to play in a different county so it was his parents who checked the papers, now it's me) and overall, I definitely need more sleep. One can only hope!

P.S, it's less than a week now until my interview at college for hairdressing, but they've already sent me an invitation to an open evening, so I'm starting to think perhaps the interview will be more of an informal chat rather than a full on 'are you capable?' fiasco. It all sounds rather cute:



1 comment:

  1. watching cricket, while people & dog watching ... sounds like my kind of day. glad pepper enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete