Sunday 20 May 2012

Ahhh, interview tomorrow!

These last few days have seemed to involve FAR too much eating. On Thursday afternoon I went for lunch with Mike's parents and his aunt and uncle (I had gammon and chips) at Egypt Mill, then on Thursday evening I went to my mother's house, where I had grilled halloumi with salad, then sea bass with spinach and goats cheese. It was absolutely delicious. The second picture lower down was our 'dessert' - frozen Philadelphia cheese with lime and sweetener, which my mum decided looked boring on a plate and added - wait for it - WATERCRESS as a garnish. On a dessert. Hmm, it was interesting. And we laughed, a lot. It wasn't my finest Atkins moment, that dessert, and I'm a little embarrassed about how much I bigged it up, honestly. People just don't get the deliciousness of ANYTHING that seems sweet whilst you're doing this diet. It tasted like the finest quality ice-cream to me. 

On Friday Mike had to manically finish his essay for uni so we didn't really get up to much at all. Mike was playing cricket on Saturday, as usual, but it wasn't as boring as it can be, because one of the other partners of the players brought her two dalmations (so beautiful!) and Pepper made friends and we went on a lovely long walk. Today has been about roast beef, getting ready for my interview - AHHH nervous, and lazing about in my pyjamas. Lovely. 

1. Painswick Cricket Club in Tuesday's paper - Mike (the husband) is the guy I've circled. 2. My mother's hilarious attempt at garnishing a dessert. 3 & 4. New top from Laura Ashley - I'm going to wear it to my interview tomorrow, and 5. Pepper and her new best friend. 

ARGH! Did I mention I've got an interview tomorrow? =S

3 comments:

  1. you'll do awesome tomorrow. they're gonna love ya. and pepper ... good job on making new friends buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love the watercress garnish. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete