Tuesday 8 May 2012

Tea and chicken and Pictionary;


My bank holiday weekend was: cricket, Sunday morning tea and paper (the local paper is my guilty pleasure - I just adore the twee-ness of it; the articles about local foragers and WI meetings warm my heart), coffee in Worcester, dinner at The Nightingale (I had 'Hunters Chicken', Atkins diet style, and as the waitress said when she placed it in front of me, it was 'Hunters Chicken with a twist), lazing in the sun on loungers, gossiping with friends, Britain's Got Talent x 3 (another guilty pleasure), driving to Cardiff to see my mother and her partner, and having the most delicious bank holiday Monday dinner ever (chicken coated in thyme, garlic, lemon and butter, spinach and goats cheese, mushroom and leek 'mess', asparagus with parmesan and lime, and cauliflower puree), playing Uno and Pictionary as the rain hammered against the window, and purchasing shoes and trousers for my interview. I've almost finished Oystercatchers and I'm enjoying it so much I almost want it never to finish. I probably shouldn't say it, but I can relate to Moira so, so much.

In other news, I just booked train tickets for me and my mother to attend my sister's graduation in July. I can't believe it's really going to happen - not because I doubt her ability, of course! - and I think I will probably cry. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty nice weekend :) and I love playing Uno and Pictionary :)

    ReplyDelete